This set of Antenna Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Virtual Height”.
1. Relation between skip distance d, virtual height d and MUF fMUF is ______
2. The height at a point above the earth’s surface at which the wave bends down to the earth is called ______
a) Actual height
b) Virtual height
c) Skip distance
d) Distance of separation between transmitter and antenna
3. Find the skip distance when the angle of incidence is 200 and virtual height is 50km?
4. The effective height of a layer of ionized gas in the atmosphere by which the radio waves are reflected around earth’s curvature is called Virtual height.
5. The differences in the virtual height and actual height are affected by the electron density in the ionosphere region.
6. Find the virtual height h when the angle of incidence is 600 and distance of separation 120km.
7. Skip zone is distance between the point where the ground wave reception becomes zero and the sky wave returns for the first time.