This set of Materials Science Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Various Mechanical Properties”.
1. Plasticity increases with temperature.
2. Which of the following is not an evidence of plastic action on the material?
b) Plastic flow
3. Up till which point will a body regain its original shape?
a) Yield point
b) Elastic limit
c) Fracture limit
d) Ultimate tensile strength point
4. Which of the following is the property because of which a material can be drawn into wires?
5. Arrange the following in increasing order of hardness: talc, gypsum, topaz diamond.
a) Talc, gypsum, topaz, diamond
b) Gypsum, topaz, talc, diamond
c) Diamond, topaz, talc, gypsum
d) Topaz, gypsum, talc, diamond
6. Which of the following properties is impact strength indicative of?
7. What is the unit of impact strength?
8. How is brittleness related to impact strength?
a) Brittleness is directly proportional to impact strength
b) Brittleness is inversely proportional to impact strength
c) Brittleness is directly proportional to a square of impact strength
d) Brittleness is inversely proportional to a square of impact strength
9. Which of the following is not a correct designation of impact strength?
10. KCU is used more than the other KCT and KCV.