This set of Mechatronics Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Types of Transducers”.
1. Active transducer do not require any type of additional power source for an operation.
2. What type of energy conversion does a piezoelectric transducer perform?
a) It converts mechanical energy to sound energy
b) It converts sound energy to mechanical energy
c) It converts mechanical energy to electrical energy
d) It converts electrical energy to mechanical energy
3. What are transducers?
a) They convert power from one form to another
b) They convert work from one form to another
c) They convert work to power
d) They convert energy from one form to another
4. Pirani Gauge is an example of which type of transducer?
a) Pressure transducer
b) Temperature transducer
c) Light transducer
d) Mechanical transducer
5. What is the range of frequency of the waves produced by the Ultrasonic transducer?
a) 20 Kilohertz to several Gigahertz
b) 1 Kilohertz to several Gigahertz
c) 40 Kilohertz to several Megahertz
d) less than 20 Kilohertz
6. What is the effect on properties of LDR when light falls on it?
a) Its resistance remains same
b) Its resistance changes
c) Its capacitance changes
d) Its inductance changes
7. The IC LM35 is used as which type of sensor?
a) Pressure sensor
b) Temperature sensor
c) Light sensor
d) Mechanical sensor
8. What is the full form of LVDT with respect to displacement transducer?
a) Linear variable differential temperature
b) Linear variable differential transformer
c) Liquid visible differential transformer
d) Liquified visible differential transformer
9. What is measured by a hall effect transducer?
a) Electric flux
b) Electric Field
c) Magnetic field
10. In which state of chemical substances does a chemical sensing device work?