This set of Avionics Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Transmission Line Basics – 1″.
1. What is used between the two lead wires of a parallel transmission line?
2. What is used as a surrounding for the solid center core in a coaxial cable?
a) Plastic dielectric
3. Which of the following is not a requirement of transmission lines?
a) Minimum attenuation of signal
b) Should not radiate signal
c) High power signal
d) Less noise
4. For what purpose was twisted pair cable first used?
d) Digital data transmission
5. What is the phase difference between the current flowing in the two wires of a balanced line?
6. What is it called when the noise is present in the transmission line but gets canceled at the receiver?
a) Cancellation mode
b) Common mode cancellation
c) Common mode rejection
7. What is the type of transmission line in which neither wire is connected to the ground?
a) Unbalanced line
b) Twisted pair cable
c) LAN lines
d) Balanced line
8. In a balanced line, noise is present in the transmission line but cancels at the receiver.
9. Coaxial cables are ________ lines?
d) Parallel wire
10. What is the device that converts the balanced line to an unbalanced line called?