This set of Avionics Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Traffic Alert, Collision Avoidance System & Weather Radar”.
1. What does the threshold number for Tau depend on?
a) Speed of the aircraft
b) Size of the aircraft
c) Experience of the pilots
d) Maneuverability of the aircraft
2. What is the surveillance range of a general TCAS system?
a) 30 sec
b) 20 min
c) 2 min
d) 4 min
3. The time between the collision of two aircraft on a collision course is called _____
a) Differential time
c) Traffic time
d) Collision time
4. TCAS I provide proximity warning only.
5. What is the range of typical weather radar?
a) 500 nmi
b) 50 nmi
c) 5 nmi
d) 200 nmi
6. What is the gain required by a weather radar antenna?
a) 65 dB
b) 50 dB
c) 25 dB
d) 5 dB
7. Whisper shout is used to avoid garble in TCAS.
8. What is the frequency of operation of weather radar?
a) 1000 MHz
b) 500 kHz
c) 9375 MHz
d) 548 kHz
9. A power of 5 kW to 50 kW is required even when using narrow beams.
10. What is the minimum safe approach distance for a radar system operating in excess of 5kWhr?