This set of Materials Science Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Torsional Tests”.
1. What is the use of weight head in a torsion testing equipment?
a) Holding the job only
b) Holding the job and applying twisting moment
c) Holding the job and measuring the twisting moment
d) It is not a part of torsion testing equipment
2. Which of the following is used to measure how much the specimen is twisted?
3. Which of the following cannot be determined using a torsion test?
a) Modulus of elasticity in shear
b) Torsion yield strength
c) Modulus of rupture
d) Young’s modulus
4. Torsional stress multiplied with original cross sectional are is:
a) Maximum twisting load
b) Minimum twisting load
c) Minimum shear load
d) Yield shear load
5. What is the unit of polar moment of inertia?
6. In which of the following the angle of twist increases fast for a small amount of torque?
a) Cold working condition
b) Hot working condition
c) Warm working condition
d) The increase is the same for cold working, hot working and warm working
7. Plastic deformation can only occur in case of torsional force.
8. Shear stress on a solid bar and hollow bar is same for given dimension.