This set of Wireless & Mobile Communications Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “
Third Generation (3G) Wireless Networks”.
1. What is the term used by ITU for a set of global standards of 3G systems?
a) IMT 2000
2. Which of the following leads to evolution of 3G networks in CDMA systems?
3. Which of the following is not a characteristic of 3G network?
a) Communication over VoIP
b) Unparalleled network capacity
c) Multi-megabit Internet access
d) LTE based network
4. Which of the following leads to the 3G evolution of GSM, IS-136 and PDC systems?
5. What is 3GPP2?
a) Project based on W-CDMA
b) Project based on cdma2000
c) Project based on 2G standards
d) Project based on 2.5G standards
6. Which of the following is not an application of third generation network?
a) Global Positioning System (GPS)
b) Video conferencing
c) Mobile TV
d) Downloading rate upto 1 Gbps
8. Which of the following is not a standard of 3G?
9. What does the number 2000 in IMT-2000 signifies?
b) Number of subscribers per cell
c) Number of cells
d) Area (Km)
10. Which of the following 3G standard is used in Japan?