This set of Electronic Devices & Circuits Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “The P-N Junction as a Diode”.
1. If the positive terminal of the battery is connected to the anode of the diode, then it is known as
a) Forward biased
b) Reverse biased
d) Schottky barrier
2. During reverse bias, a small current develops known as
a) Forward current
b) Reverse current
c) Reverse saturation current
d) Active current
3. How many junction/s do a diode consist?
4. If the voltage of the potential barrier is V0. A voltage V is applied to the input, at what moment will the barrier disappear?
a) V< V0
b) V= V0
c) V> V0
d) V<< V0
5. What is the maximum electric field when Vbi=2V , VR=5V and width of the semiconductor is 7cm?
6. It is possible to measure the voltage across the potential barrier through a voltmeter?
7. During the reverse biased of the diode, the back resistance decrease with the increase of the temperature. Is it true or false?
8. When the diode is reverse biased with a voltage of 6V and Vbi=0.63V. Calculate the total potential.
9. What will be the output of the following circuit? (Assume 0.7V drop across the diode)
10. Which of the following formula represents the correct formula for width of the depletion region?