This set of Materials Science Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Steels”.
1. Which of following crystalline form can iron not take?
d) It can take all crystalline forms
2. Which of the following can be the carbon weight percentage in steel?
3. Which of the following is an alloy of iron and carbon?
4. Which of the following cannot be used as an alloying element in steel?
5. Which of the following element is added to steel to form stainless steel?
6. When steel with exactly 0.8% carbon by weight is cooled, the FCC structure of the mixture tries to revert back to its BCC structure.
7. Traces of which of the following element is considered undesirable in steel?
8. At room temperature which is the most stable form of iron?
9. Adding a nickel to the steel alloy increases its tensile strength.
10. Which of the following can be the density of steel?
a) 8.1 g/cm3
b) 7.8 g/cm3
c) 7.7 g/cm3
d) 8.2 g/cm3