This set of Control Systems Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Steady-state Errors and Error Constants”.
If Ka is static error constant of the system, then its dynamic error constant K2 is
3. The steady state error for a unity feedback system for the input r(t) = Rt^2/2 to the system G(s) = K(s+2)/s(s3+7s2+12s) is
4. Consider the unity feedback system with open loop transfer function the minimum value of the steady state error to a ramp input r(t) = 6tu(t) is OLTF = K/s(s+1)(s+2)
5. A particular control system yielded a steady state error of 0.20 for unit step input. A unit integrator is cascaded to this system and unit ramp input is applied to this modified system. What is the value of steady-state error for this modified system?
6. Systems of type higher than 2 are not employed in practice.
7. A ramp input applied to a unity feedback system results in 5% steady state error. The type number and zero frequency gain of the system are respectively
a) 1 and 20
b) 0 and 20
c) 0 and 1/20
d) 1 and 1/20
8. The error constants described are the ability to reduce the steady state errors.
9. Steady state refers to
a) Error at the steady state
b) Error at the transient state
c) Error at both state
10. The disadvantages of the error constants are:
a) They do not give the information of the steady state error when the inputs are other than the three basic types
b) Error constant fail to indicate the exact manner in which the error function change with time.
c) They do not give information of the steady state error and fail to indicate the exact manner in which the error function change with time
d) They give information of the steady state error