This set of Materials Science Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Steady State Diffusion”.
1. Which of the following gases can be purified by allowing it to diffuse through palladium cap?
2. Which of the following law is used for steady state diffusion?
a) Fick’s law
b) Newton’s law of diffusion
c) Bragg’s law
d) Charles’s law
3. In steady state diffusion which of the following remains constant?
a) Concentration gradient
b) Kinetic energy of particles
c) Potential energy of particles
d) Change of concentration with respect to temperature
4. Which of the following is not a part of Fick’s first law?
a) Diffusion flux
b) Diffusion coefficient
c) Change in concentration with respect to the position in space
d) Change in concentration with respect to time
5. Flux direction is opposite to the direction of the concentration gradient.
6. What is the shape of the graph for steady state diffusion where the concentration of diffusion species is in the y-axis and position is in x-axis?
d) Straight line
7. Velocity of diffusing particles does not depend on _______
b) Viscosity of the fluid
c) Size of the particles
8. The diffusivity of copper in copper increases by how many times when the temperature is increased from 500 ° C to 1000 °C?
9. In dilute aqueous solutions which of the following can be the value of diffusion coefficient at room temperature?
10. There is no difference between diffusion and net diffusion.