This set of Wireless & Mobile Communications Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Scattering”.
1. Scattered waves are produced at ________
a) Rough surface
b) Shadowed region
c) Smooth surface
2. The actual received signal is ______ than what is predicted by reflection and diffraction model.
d) Very weak
3. Scattering occurs when medium consists of objects with dimensions _______ compared to the wavelength.
d) Very large
4. Scattered energy in all directions provides _________ at a receiver.
b) Loss of signal
c) No energy
d) Additional radio energy
5. A surface is considered rough if protuberance is ________ than critical height.
d) No relation
7. RCS of scattering object is defined as the ratio of _______
a) Power density of signal scattered to power density of radio wave incident
b) Power density of radio wave incident to power density of signal scattered
c) Power density of incident waves to power density of reflected wave
d) Power density of reflected wave to power density of incident waves
8. In ionosphere propagation, waves arriving at the receiving antenna using the phenomenon of _______
9. Which equation is used to calculate the received power due to scattering for urban mobile radio system?
a) Laplace equation
b) Bistatic radar equation
c) Poisson’s equation
d) Maxwell equation
10. Power density is basically termed as ________ power per unit area.