This set of Avionics Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Satellite Subsystems”.
1. Which of the following is not a part of the propulsion subsystem of a satellite?
b) Jet thruster
d) Fuel control system
2. Which of the following are common baseband signals transmitted from the earth ground station?
a) Navigational data, computer data, video
b) Computer data, navigational data, voice
c) Voice, video, computer data
d) Computer data
3. Which of the following is not a satellite subsystem?
a) Ground station
b) Power system
c) Telemetry tracking
d) Communication subsystem
4. Which of the following components receives, translates the signal frequency and re-transmits the signal in a satellite?
5. Which of the following transponders convert the uplink signal to downlink signal using two mixers
a) Single conversion transponders
b) Dual conversion transponders
c) Regenerative transponders
d) Dual mixer transponder
6. What is the number of transponders if the satellite uses 12 channels of frequency and frequency reuse is implemented?
7. Why is there a huge spectrum space between the transmitted and received signal in satellite communication?
a) Reduce interference
b) Maximum efficiency
c) Less attenuation
d) To reduce space occupied by filters
8. In a regenerative transponder, the signal is demodulated and modulated again before transmission.
9. Why is it not possible to provide transmit function by wideband amplifier and mixer circuits?
a) Heavy attenuation
b) High power output over wideband is not possible
c) Economically not profitable
d) Weight of the system increases five fold
10. Telemetry, command, and control (TC&C) subsystem allow a ground station to monitor and control conditions in the satellite.
11. Which of the following is not true?
a) Battery is only used as a back up
b) When in orbit, solar power is always available
c) Battery is used for initial satellite orientation and stabilization
d) The batteries are charged using solar power