This set of Avionics Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Satellite Landing System”.
1. Which of the following is supplemented with GPS to provide non-precision and Category I approaches?
a) Primary radar
2. Which of the following is not true with respect to WAAS?
a) Provides WADGPS corrections
b) Uses ground integrity broadcast
c) Provide precision approaches for Category III C
d) Provide GPS ranging function
3. Which of the following is not a reason for not using the basic GPS for landing systems?
c) Availability of satellites
d) Number of users
4. Which of the following is required to support Category II and III with DGPS?
a) High- integrity ground to air data link
b) ILS system
d) DME station
5. The DME station can supply integrity warnings.
6. The pilot has no other option than to use FLOLS to land the aircraft.
7. Which of the following errors are not rectified by LDGPS?
a) Satellite ephemerides
b) Ionosphere propagation effects
c) Multi-path signal interference
d) Clock offset
8. The accuracy of the SPS code solution is satisfactory for precision approaches.