This set of Avionics Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Satellite Applications”.
1. Which of the following is not a reason for redistributing TV signals through satellites rather than skywaves or spacewaves?
a) High frequency signal
b) Long distance communication
c) Economically feasible
d) Power requirements
2. What type of satellite TV service uses compressed data transmission to beam signals directly to every home?
a) Direct broadcast satellite
b) Mobile satellite service
c) Broadcasting satellite service
d) Fixed satellite service
3. What is the primary use of communication satellites?
a) Telephone service
4. Which frequency band does the direct broadcast satellite system use?
a) C band
b) X band
c) Ku band
d) MF band
5. What is the number of satellites present in the Iridium system?
6. What provides the sufficient drive to the final power amplifier?
a) Intermediate-power amplifier
b) Operational amplifier
c) Power driver circuit
d) Up converter
7. What technique does DSP use to double the number of channels by using helical antennas?
a) Spatial isolation
b) Frequency reuse
8. Which frequency band is used for connecting the satellite system with the public switched telephone network?
a) L band
b) Ku band
c) C band
d) Ka band