This set of Digital Circuits Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Ring Counter”.
1. What is the difference between a shift-right register and a shift-left register?
a) There is no difference
b) The direction of the shift
c) Propagation delay
d) The clock input
2. What is a transceiver circuit?
a) A buffer that transfers data from input to output
b) A buffer that transfers data from output to input
c) A buffer that can operate in both directions
d) A buffer that can operate in one direction
3. Ring shift and Johnson counters are ____________
a) Synchronous counters
b) Asynchronous counters
c) True binary counters
d) Synchronous and true binary counters
4. A 74HC195 4-bit parallel access shift register can be used for ____________
a) Serial in/serial out operation
b) Serial in/parallel out operation
c) Parallel in/serial out operation
d) All of the Mentioned
5. What is the function of a buffer circuit?
a) To provide an output that is inverted from that on the input
b) To provide an output that is equal to its input
c) To clean up the input
d) To clean up the output
6. Which is not characteristic of a shift register?
a) Serial in/parallel in
b) Serial in/parallel out
c) Parallel in/serial out
d) Parallel in/parallel out
7. Which type of device may be used to interface a parallel data format with external equipment’s serial format?
b) Key matrix
c) Memory chip
d) Series in Parallel out
8. What is the preset condition for a ring shift counter?
a) All FFs set to 1
b) All FFs cleared to 0
c) A single 0, the rest 1
d) A single 1, the rest 0
9. To keep output data accurate, 4-bit series-in, parallel-out shift registers employ a ____________
a) Divide-by-4 clock pulse
b) Sequence generator
c) Strobe line
10. Another way to connect devices to a shared data bus is to use a ____________
a) Circulating gate
c) Bidirectional encoder
d) Strobed latch