This set of Digital Circuits Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Random Access Memory – 3″.
1. The memory size of DRAM is ____________
a) 1 to 100 MB
b) 512 to 1024 MB
c) 64 to 512 MB
d) 16 to 256 MB
2. The DRAM stores its binary information on __________
3. Dynamic RAM is more preferable than static RAM, why?
a) DRAM is of the lowest cost, lowest density
b) DRAM is of the highest cost, reduced size
c) DRAM is of the lowest cost, highest density
d) DRAM is more flexible and lowest storage capacity
4. Most modern operating systems employ a method of extending RAM capacity, known as __________
a) Magnetic memory
b) Virtual memory
c) Storage memory
d) Static memory
5. What is the disadvantage of MOS capacitor in DRAM?
a) It can’t hold the data till a long period
b) It doesn’t holds the charge till a long period
c) It is highly densed
d) It is not flexible
6. The main memory of a PC is made of __________
b) Dynamic RAM
c) Static RAM
d) Both cache and dynamic RAM
7. DRAM uses of integrated MOS capacitors as _______ instead of a flip-flop.
a) Storage cell
b) Memory cell
c) Dynamic cell
d) Static cell
8. The dynamic RAM offers __________
a) High power consumption, large storage capacity
b) Reduced power consumption, large storage capacity
c) Reduced power consumption, short storage capacity
d) High power consumption, short storage capacity
9. Virtual memory consists of __________
c) Magnetic memory
d) Main Memory
10. Cache memory acts between __________
a) RAM and ROM
b) CPU and RAM
c) CPU and Hard Disk
d) CPU and ROM
11. Why do a DRAM employ the address multiplexing technique?
a) To reduce the number of memory locations
b) To increase the number of memory locations
c) To reduce the number of address lines
d) To increase the number of address lines
12. Dynamic RAM is used as main memory in a computer system as __________
a) It has a lower cell density
b) It needs refreshing circuitry
c) Consumes less power
d) Has higher speed
13. Which characteristic of RAM memory makes it not suitable for permanent storage?
b) Too slow
c) Too bulky
d) It is volatile
14. An address multiplexing in DRAM is of _____ bits.
15. What is a sense amplifier?
a) It is an amplifier which converts ac current into dc current
b) It is an amplifier which lowers the input voltage
c) It is an amplifier which increases the input voltage
d) It is an amplifier which converts the low voltage to a sufficient voltage