This set of Wireless & Mobile Communications Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Pulse Shaping Techniques”.
1. ISI is ________ by increasing channel bandwidth.
2. Why is pulse shaping technique used?
a) To increase ISI
b) To increase spectral width of modulated signal
c) To reduce ISI
d) To reduce power spectral density
3. Intersymbol interference (ISI) leads to ________ probability of the receiver for making an error in detecting the symbols.
4. Who was the first to solve the problem of ISI?
c) Graham Bell
5. Raised cosine filter does not satisfy Nyquist criteria.
6. According to Nyquist, the impulse response of the overall communication system should have ______ decay with _______ magnitude for sample values not equal to zero.
a) Fast, small
b) Slow, small
c) Slow, large
d) Fast. Large
7. As the roll off factor in raised cosine rolloff filter __________ the occupied bandwidth ________
a) Increases, decreases
b) Decreases, constant
c) Increases, increases
d) Decreases, increases
8. Gaussian filter has zero crossings at adjacent symbol peaks.
9. Gaussian pulse shaping filter follows Nyquist criterion.
10. Which of the following is true for a Gaussian filter?
a) Large bandwidth
b) Minimum ISI
c) High overshoot
d) Sharp cut off
11. Gaussian pulses are used when cost and power efficiency are major factors.
12. Gaussian pulse shaping filter reduces the spectral occupancy and ISI.