This set of Network Theory Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Properties of Driving Point Functions”.
1. The pole is that finite value of S for which N (S) becomes __________
2. A function N (S) is said to have a pole (or zero) at infinity if the function N (1/S) has a pole (or zero) at S = ?
3. The driving point function is the ratio of polynomials in s. Polynomials are obtained from the __________ of the elements and their combinations.
a) transform voltage
b) transform current
c) transform impedance
d) transform admittance
4. The number of zeros including zeros at infinity is __________ the number of poles including poles at infinity.
a) greater than
b) equal to
c) less than
d) greater than or equal to
5. The zeros of driving point impedance are those frequencies corresponding to ___________ conditions.
a) current source
b) open circuit
c) voltage source
d) short circuit
6. In the driving point admittance function, a pole of Y (s) means a _______ of V (S).
7. The poles of driving point impedance are those frequencies corresponding to ___________ conditions.
a) short circuit
b) voltage source
c) open circuit
d) current source
8. In the driving point admittance function, a zero of Y (s) means a _______ of I (S).
9. The real part of all zeros and poles must be?
a) positive or zero
b) negative or zero
10. Poles or zeros lying on the jω axis must be?
b) at least one complex pole
c) at least one complex zero