This set of Mechatronics Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Pressure Regulation”.
1. Which among the following fluid parameters are not controlled by the control valves?
b) Rate of flow
d) Direction of flow
2. Pressure reducing valve is used to maintain constant reduced pressure.
3. What is the function of a pressure control valve?
a) To control the force generated by actuators
b) To perform two operations in sequence
c) To control the direction of flow
d) To avoid the development of excess of pressure
4. Once the pressure comes to normal, the diaphragm ____
a) deflects downwards
b) deflects upwards
c) has no effect
5. The pressure relief valve is an important component which is required for every positive displacement pump.
6. What happens when the pressure increases its pre-set value?
a) The pressure relief valve opens
b) Deflects upwards
c) Deflects downwards
d) Has no effect
7. The function of the pressure relief valve is ____
a) to open when the inlet pressure is more
b) to control the force generated by actuators
c) to control different parameters of the fluid
d) to control the direction of flow
8. What is the function of a pressure gauge?
a) It controls the rate of flow of oil
b) It shows the pressure reading
c) Controls the direction of flow of oil
d) It converts the mechanical energy to hydraulic energy
9. What is the formula for the force of a cylinder?
10. The force developed in hydraulic systems is high due to ____
a) high pressure
b) more oil
c) less pressure
d) less oil