This set of Embedded System Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Prediction of Execution Times”.
1. What does WCTE stand for?
a) wait case execution time
b) wait case encoder time
c) worst case execution time
d) worst code execution time
2. Which estimate approach takes more time to consume?
a) accurate value
b) estimated value
c) accurate cost and performance value
d) estimated cost and performance value
3. The WCET of which component can be computed if the task is mapped to hardware?
c) both task and hardware
d) application manager
4. Which of the following is the base for scheduling algorithm?
c) execution time
d) address accessing time
5. Identify the standard software components that can be reused?
a) application manager
b) operating system
c) application software
6. Which estimate approach is more precise?
a) estimated cost and performance value
b) accurate cost and performance value
c) performance value and execution time
d) estimated cost
7. Which estimation technique can be used if interfaces to software synthesis tools and hardware synthesis tools exist?
a) performance value
b) estimated cost
c) estimated cost and performance value
d) accurate cost and performance value
8. Which estimation approach is used by Jha and Dutt for hardware?
a) accurate cost and performance value
b) estimated cost and performance value
c) performance value
d) accurate cost
9. For which of the following WCET can be computed?
a) C program
b) assembly language
d) program without recursion