This set of Mechatronics Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Pneumatic and Hydraulic Circuits”.
1. The compressed air flows to the actuator through ____
a) Pipes and valves
d) Flow control valve
2. The compressed air is delivered to the pneumatic system through the air compressor.
3. In which type of system does power transmission takes place through compressed air?
a) Fluid power system
b) Hydraulic system
c) Pneumatic system
d) Stepper motors
4. What is the function of the air dryer?
a) Removes dirt
b) Removes moisture
c) Controls the rate of flow
d) Controls the pressure
5. Which type of pumps can give discharge even at high pressure?
a) Multistage Pumps
b) Monoblock pumps
c) Rotary pumps
d) Single stage pumps
6. Hydraulic systems are slower in operation.
7. Which part of the Pneumatic system stores the compressed air?
a) Air dryer
b) Air compressor
c) Air receiver tank
d) Air lubricator
8. Which type of component in the hydraulic system supports less vibration and noise?
a) Flow control valve
b) Oil reservoir
c) Rotatory pumps
d) Pressure gauge
9. What prevents the leakage of oil inside an unbalanced vane pump?
b) Cylindrical rotor
d) Difference between the pressure of inlet and outlet
10. Which among the following are not the main selection criteria for selection of hydraulic pumps?