This set of Avionics Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Parallel and Serial Transmission”.
1. What is the cable that carries the information in parallel transmission called?
a) Parallel line
b) Data bus
c) Data line
d) Data link
2. Which of the following is a false reason for parallel lines not being used for long distances?
a) Cost factor
b) Signal Attenuation
c) Number of transmission channels
d) Low speed
3. In a parallel communication, each bit requires a transmitter and receiver.
4. Why higher speed communications in parallel transmission require shorter length?
c) Inductive and capacitance effects
5. In serial communication, if the time interval to transmit one bit is 10μs. What is the time to transmit an 8-bit word?
6. The devices that convert serial to parallel and parallel to serial are called?
b) Transmission converters
7. Which bit is transmitted first in a serial communication?
a) Least significant bit
b) Most significant
c) All the bits simultaneously
d) Not in any specific order
8. In parallel communication, if the time interval to transmit one bit is 10μs. What is the time to transmit an 8-bit word?