This set of Avionics Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Orbital Mechanics and Clock Characteristics”.
1. What is the line connecting the intersection of the orbital plane with the Earth’s equatorial plane called?
a) Critical point
b) Intersection plane
c) Line of nodes
d) Differential line
2. When the satellite crosses the equatorial plane from the southerly latitude to the northerly, the point is called descending node.
3. Which of the following is the most fundamental for satellite navigation?
a) Power source in satellite
b) Position and acceleration of satellite
c) Distance from the Earth
d) Total number of satellites in the sky
4. What is the number of independent constants required to specify the nominal orbit?
5. Which of the following is not one of the perturbations that make the satellite to vary from its elliptical path?
a) Solar activity
b) Asymmetrical components of Earth’s gravitational field
c) Air drag
d) Motion of a passing comet
6. Differential GPS corrects for satellite errors.
7. The line connecting the perigee and apogee is called as?
a) Differential line
b) Line of apsides
c) Line of maximum reception
d) Overhead line
8. The clocks are important in satellite navigation as they are potential sources of error.