This set of Linear Integrated Circuits Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Open-Loop Voltage Gain as a Function of Frequency – 2″.
1. What is the maximum phase shift that can occur in an op-amp with single capacitor?
2. How can the gain roll off represented in dB/octave?
a) 12 dB/octave
b) 6 dB/octave
c) 10 dB/octave
d) 8 dB/octave
3. Which of these statements is false?
a) The open loop gain AOL(f) dB is approximately constant from 0Hz to fo
b) When input signal frequency and f is equal to break frequency fo, the gain frequency is called -3dB frequency
c) The open loop gain AOL(f) dB is approximately constant upto break frequency fo, but there after it increase 20dB each time there is a tenfold increase in frequency.
d) At unity gain crossover frequency, the open loop gain AOL(f) dB is zero
4. Select the correct magnitude and phase for the frequency range.
|1. f<1||i. Gain is 3dB down from the value of AOL in dB|
|2. f=f1||ii. Gain roll off at the rate of 20 dB/decade|
|3. f>>f1||iii. Magnitude of the gain is 20logxAOL in dB|
a) 1-iii, 2-i, 3-ii
b) 1-I, 2-ii, 3-iii
c) 1-iii, 2-ii, 3-i
d) 1-ii, 2-iii, 3-i
5. Find out the expression for open loop gain magnitude with three break frequency?
a) A/[1+ j(f/fo1)]x[1+ j(f/fo2)]x[1+ j(f/fo3)].
b) A/[1+ j(f/fo)]3
c) A/A/[1+ j(f/fo1)]+ [1+ j(f/fo2)]+ [1+ j(f/fo3)].
d) All of the mentioned
6. In a phase response curve of MC1556, the phase shift is -162.5o about 4MHz. If the approximate value of first break frequency is 5.5Hz. Determine the approximate value of the second break frequency?
7. The specific frequency at which AOL (dB) is called
a) Gain bandwidth product
b) Closed loop bandwidth
c) Small signal bandwidth
d) All of the mentioned
8. Find out the frequencies that are avoided in frequency response plot?
a) None of the mentioned
b) Single break frequency
c) Upper break frequency
d) Lower break frequency
9. Consider a practical op-amp having two break frequency due to a number of RC pole pairs. Determine the gain equation using the given specifications:
A ≅ 102.92dB; fo1 =6Hz ; fo2 =2.34MHz .
a) 140000/[1+ j(f/6)]x[1+ j(f/2.34)].
b) 140000/[1+ j(f/6)]x[1+ j(f/234)].
c) 140000/[1+ j(f/6)]x[1+ j(f/23400)].
d) 140000/[1+ j(f/6)]x[1+ j(f/2340000)].
10. Calculate the unity gain bandwidth of an op-amp. Given, A≅ 0.2×106 & fo =5Hz?
11. What is the voltage transfer function of op-amp in s-domain.
d) None of the mentioned