This set of Analog Communication Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Non Linear Device”.
1. Which effect is characteristic of FM reception in a noisy environment?
a) threshold effect
b) capture effect
c) bessel effect
d) carson’s effect
2. Mathematically, the number of sidebands in frequency modulated system is _________
3. Who originated the theory of radio waves?
4. Which statement is true about an SCA signal?
a) it can use amplitude modulation
b) it can use frequency modulation
c) is monaural
d) it can use amplitude as well as frequency modulation and is also monaural
5. In FM system, capture effect is observed when an FM receiver switching suddenly between two stations having nearby frequencies.
6. Why the bandwidth of an FM signal is considered to be limited?
a) because there can only be a finite number of sidebands
b) because it is equal to the frequency deviation
c) because it is band-limited at the receiver
d) because the power in the outer sidebands is negligible
7. What is the use of pre-emphasis?
a) to increase the signal to noise ratio for higher audio frequencies
b) to allow stereo audio to be carried by FM stations
c) to increase the signal to noise ratio for all audio frequencies
d) to increase the signal to noise ratio for lower audio frequencies
8. What is the full form of NBFM?
a) Narrow band frequency modulation
b) National broadcast frequency modulation
c) Near band frequency modulation
d) Non broadcast frequency modulation