This set of Analog Communication Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Noise for DSB-SC”.
1. Which one of the following is not an omnidirectional antenna?
d) Half-wave dipole
2. If the value of a resistor creating thermal noise is doubled. The noise power generator is therefore ________
3. The discone antenna is ________
a) useful direction-finding antenna
b) used as a radar receiving antenna
c) circularly polarized
d) useful as VHF and UHF receiving antenna
4. Which one of the following is not a useful quantity for comparing the noise performance of receivers?
a) Input noise voltage
b) Signal To Noise Ration
c) Noise Figure
d) Figure of merit
5. The number of lines per field in the United States TV system is _________
6. Why interlacing is used in television?
a) to reduce noise in video signals
b) to ensure that all the lines on screen are scanned
c) to reduce the disturbances
d) to avoid flicker
7. Which of the following is the most generally used term for comparing amplifier noise characteristics?
a) signal to noise ratio
b) equivalent noise
c) noise factor
d) figure of merit
8. The number of frames per second in the United States TV system is _________
9. The signals sent by the TV transmitters to ensure correct scanning in the receiver are called luminance.