This set of Avionics Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Navigation Equations”.
1. Which one of the following is not an input utilized by the aircraft navigation system?
b) Radio aids
c) Dead reckoning data
d) Celestial measurements
2. What is the angle between the normal to the reference ellipsoid and the equatorial plane at a point called?
a) Geodetic angle
b) Correction factor
c) Geodetic latitude
d) Earth angle
3. The navigation equations are used by the on-board computer to calculate position velocity and altitude.
4. Which of the following is false with respect to Earth centered inertial coordinate system?
a) Accuracy is 10-5/hr
b) Newton’s laws are not valid
c) Angular coordinates of stars are conventionally tabulated in ECI
d) Used in mechanizing inertial navigators
5. Geocentric spherical coordinates are used for short range dead reckoning navigation.
6. The angle of arrival, relative to the airframe, of a radio signal from an external transmitter is called _________
d) Approach angle
7. Which coordinate system is used in satellite based radio navigation?
a) Earth centered, Earth fixed
b) Earth centered inertial
c) Geodetic spherical coordinates
d) Geodetic wander azimuth
8. What is the technique of calculating position from measurements of velocity called?
a) Dead reckoning
b) Doppler radar
c) Secondary surveillance
d) Celestial navigation
9. ________ related ranging errors to the dispersion in measured position?
10. What is TDOP?
a) Time Dilution of pseudorange
b) Time Dilution of position
c) Time Dilution of pressure
d) Time Distortion of position