This set of Analog Communication Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Methods of Reducing Distortion”.
1. If power transmitted is 90kW, what is the field at a distance of 45km?
2. Find the number of pulses, if the number of quantization levels is 32 in PCM?
3. Quantization error occurs in ________
a) Time Division Multiplexing
b) Frequency Division Multiplexing
c) Pulse Code Modulation
d) Pulse Width Modulation
4. Which transistor amplifier is most commonly used?
a) Common Base
b) Common Emitter
c) Common Collector
d) None of these
5. Peak voltage of a carrier is 8kV, each sideband has an amplitude of 800V. Find its modulation index?
6. AM waves is represented by Et cos ωc t. What does Et denotes?
b) carrier signal
c) modulating signal
7. A device uses a 8 bit word then the maximum number of words it can transmit is ________
8. What do you understand by the term Cross talk?
a) generation of closely lying sidebands
b) a method of increasing bandwidth
c) a method of decreasing bandwidth by converting DSB-SC signal to SSB-SC
d) disturbance caused in nearby circuit due to transmitted signal
9. Wireless communication takes place through ________
a) EM waves
c) Optical Fibres
d) Infrared Waves
10. Which modulation technique uses minimum bandwidth?