This set of Mechatronics Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Mechatronics Approach to Design”.
1. In the level of integration of Mechatronics system, an example of the first level is _____
a) fluid valves
b) automatic machine tools
c) industrial robots
2. Interface design is an example of hardware integration.
3. Which is the first aspect which needs to be considered in the Mechatronics design process?
a) Hardware design and simulation
b) Conceptual design
c) Mathematical modelling
d) Modelling and simulation
4. What is the role of the second level in the mechatronics system design?
a) Integrates microelectronics into electrically controlled devices
b) Integrates electrical signal with mechanical action
c) Advanced control strategy level
d) Providing artificial intelligence
5. Deployment in mechatronics design is associated with the final product.
6. What is the function of “analysis” in the modelling and simulation phase?
a) Database for maintaining project information
b) Sub models for eventual reuse
c) Contains Numerical methods
d) To produce high-level source code
7. Microprocessor-based electrical motors are used for ____
a) prediction of fault in the system
b) correction before the fault occurs
c) actuation purpose in robots
d) providing intelligence
8. Which phase of a mechatronics system consists of hardware designing?
9. Describing the behaviour characteristics through block diagram is done in ____
a) modelling and simulation
d) design optimization
10. Prototyping involves ____
a) conceptual design
b) replacing non-computer systems with actual hardware
c) database for maintaining project information
d) sub models for eventual reuse