This set of Avionics Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Mechanics of Landing”.
1. The restriction of visibility to various degrees defined by law in certain countries is called _______
a) Instrument meteorological conditions
b) Flight rules
c) Weather instrument law
d) Weather visibility conditions
2. What is the altitude at which the landing must be aborted if a runway is not in sight?
a) Low altitude
b) Decision height
c) Abortion altitude
d) Visibility altitude
3. What does the term all weather landing refer?
a) Reduced visibility
b) Cross winds
c) Solar storms
d) Storm activity
4. What is the decision height for the category I landing system?
5. Which of the following is not required in a category II system?
a) Dual ILS system
b) Rain removal equipment
c) Head up display
d) Missed approach attitude guidance
6. The height below which landing may continue in case of equipment failure is called as?
a) decision height
b) Abortion altitude
c) Visibility altitude
d) Alert height
7. ILS is not required for category I.
8. Which category deals with zero visibility conditions?
a) Category I
b) Category III C
c) Category II
d) Every category
9. Which of the following are used to measure visibility conditions?
10. In an approach, the transition flight path is defined by __________
b) Celestial fix
c) Initial and final approach fix
11. What is the minimum descent altitude for non precision flight?
a) 100 to 1000ft
b) 10 to 100ft
c) 250 to 1000ft
d) 1000 to 2000ft
12. In deteriorated weather, operations must be conducted under IFR.
13. What does the light bar provide to the pilot?
a) Pitch, roll and azimuth cues
b) Roll cues
c) Pitch cues
d) Azimuth cues
14. What is the rate of descent when the flare maneuver is executed?
a) 6 ft/sec
15. What is the speed reduction in a typical jet aircraft during the flare?