This set of Materials Science Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Mechanical Behavior of Iron-Carbon Alloys”.
1. Which of the following is present in pearlite?
2. Which of the following is true?
a) Fine pearlite is harder than coarse pearlite
b) Fine pearlite is softer than coarse pearlite
c) Fine pearlite is more ductile than coarse pearlite
d) Toughness of steel decreases with increase in carbon percentage
3. In an iron carbon alloy, the mechanical properties are dependent on the micro structure.
4. Which is the most tough among the steels given their carbon composition?
5. Which of the following is present in bainite?
6. In which of the following steels there is a chance of quenching cracks being formed?
a) 0.2% carbon
b) 0.4% carbon
c) 0.5% carbon
d) 0.6% carbon
7. Which of the following is present in spherodite?
8. Which among the following is the strongest?
9. At what temperature is martensite heated in tempering? (in degree Celsius)
10. Tempered martensite has better ductility than martensite.