This set of Wireless & Mobile Communications Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Introduction to Multiple Access”.
1. The technique that makes possible the task of listening and talking in communication system is called ________
d) Multiple access technique
2. Frequency division duplexing provides ________ distinct bands of frequencies for _________ user.
a) Two, two
b) One, two
c) Two, one
d) Two, many
3. Multiple access schemes are used to allow ________ mobile users to share simultaneously a finite amount of radio spectrum.
4. The forward band in FDD provides traffic from the mobile to base station.
5. Time division duplexing uses ________ to provide both a forward and reverse link.
c) Time and frequency
d) Cell spacing
6. The frequency separation between each forward and reverse channel changes throughout the system.
7. TDD is effective for _________
a) Fixed wireless access and users are stationary
b) Dynamic wireless access and users are stationary
c) Fixed wireless access and users are moving
d) Dynamic wireless access and users are moving
8. In narrowband system, the channels are usually operated using TDD.
9. In wideband systems, the transmission bandwidth of a single channel _________ coherence bandwidth of the channel.
a) Equal to
b) Not related to
c) Larger than
d) Smaller than
10. Narrowband FDMA allows users to share the same radio channel allocating a unique time slot to each user.