This set of Digital Circuits Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Karnaugh Map”.
1. There are ______ cells in a 4-variable K-map.
2. The K-map based Boolean reduction is based on the following Unifying Theorem: A + A’ = 1.
b) Non Impact
3. A Karnaugh map (K-map) is an abstract form of ____________ diagram organized as a matrix of squares.
a) Venn Diagram
b) Cycle Diagram
c) Block diagram
d) Triangular Diagram
4. Each product term of a group, w’.x.y’ and w.y, represents the ____________ in that group.
d) Sum of Maxterms
5. Product-of-Sums expressions can be implemented using ___________
a) 2-level OR-AND logic circuits
b) 2-level NOR logic circuits
c) 2-level XOR logic circuits
d) Both 2-level OR-AND and NOR logic circuits
6. Don’t care conditions can be used for simplifying Boolean expressions in ___________
7. The prime implicant which has at least one element that is not present in any other implicant is known as ___________
a) Essential Prime Implicant
d) Prime Complement
8. Each group of adjacent Minterms (group size in powers of twos) corresponds to a possible product term of the given ___________
9. It should be kept in mind that don’t care terms should be used along with the terms that are present in ___________
10. There are many situations in logic design in which simplification of logic expression is possible in terms of XOR and _________________ operations.
11. In case of XOR/XNOR simplification we have to look for the following _______________
a) Diagonal Adjacencies
b) Offset Adjacencies
c) Straight Adjacencies
d) Both diagonal and offset adjencies
12. Using the transformation method you can realize any POS realization of OR-AND with only.
13. These logic gates are widely used in _______________ design and therefore are available in IC form.
14. Entries known as _______________ mapping.