This set of Avionics Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Instrument Landing Systems – 1″.
1. How many ILS systems does an airport require?
c) Depends upon aircraft size
d) Depends upon density of traffic on the airspace
2. _______ standardized the signal in space for the ILS ground transmitting equipment?
c) ICAO standards and recommended practices
3. Which of the following systems use a collection of radio transmitting stations to guide an aircraft to a particular runway?
4. Where is the localizer antenna placed?
a) Beyond the stop end of the runway
b) Start of the runway
c) Along the runway
d) Air traffic control
5. What is the type of polarization is used in ILS systems?
a) Horizontal polarization
b) Vertical polarization
c) Circular polarization
d) No polarization
6. Localizer, Glide slope and DME frequencies are paired to each other.
7. Which of the following is used to detect the failure in an ILS?
a) Fail safe ILS
b) Radiation monitors
c) ILS detector
d) ILS failure system is not used anywhere
8. What is the frequency at which the marker beacons operate?
a) 65 MHZ
b) 50 MHZ
c) 150 MHZ
d) 75 MHz