This set of Materials Science Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “High Temperature Alloys”.
1. Which of the following is a high temperature alloy resistant to?
a) Tensile compression
b) Tensile elongation
2. Alloys resistant to creep have a high modulus of elasticity.
3. Which of the following is not an alloy?
4. Which of the relationship holds?
a) Higher the melting temperature greater is the elastic modulus
b) Lower the melting temperature greater is the elastic modulus
c) Higher the melting temperature smaller is the elastic modulus
d) There is no relationship between the melting temperature and elastic modulus
5. Which of the following does not enhance the creep resistance of an alloy?
a) Solid-solution alloying
b) Addition of a dispersed phase
c) directional solidification
d) Heat treatment
6. Controlled unidirectional solidification of an alloy is a technique to increase creep resistance.
7. Which of the following doesn’t have high resistance to creep?
a) Stainless steel
b) Refractory metals
8. Which of the following is created by directional solidification?
a) Single crystal components
b) Polycrystalline components
c) Short grains
d) Elongated grains