This set of Antenna Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Helical Antenna”.
1. What is the pitch angle of the helical antenna to become a loop antenna?
2. What is the pitch angle if the separation of turns is at 2 cm and the circumference is of 4 cm?
3. Which of the following modes does the condition πD << λ is satisfied in helical antenna?
a) Axial mode
b) Normal mode
c) Conical mode
d) Axial, Normal and Conical
4. What is the necessary condition for a helical antenna to operate in the axial mode?
a) πD << λ
b) πD ≈ λ
c) πD ≈ nλ
5. What is the Input impedance of the axial feed helical antenna with circumference per unit wavelength is 1.2?
6. The Axial ratio of the helical antenna with 3 turns is _____
7. What is the pitch angle of the helical antenna to become a linear antenna?
8. What is the total axial length of the helical antenna with 5 turns and circumference per wavelength is 1.2 and separation between turns is 2 cm?
9. Find the number of turns in the helical antenna with directivity 120 and Cλ=1 and pitch angle 6°.
10. Which of the following type does helical antenna belongs to?
a) Wire type