This set of Avionics Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Guidance and Navigation”.
1. What is the process called when the state vector is calculated on board the vehicle?
d) Position location
2. Which type of navigation measure the state vector without regard to the path travelled by the vehicle in the past?
a) Dead reckoning
c) Direct reckoning
3. What is the number of components of the vector that describes the translational motion of the vehicle?
4. Which one of the following does not fall under the positioning system?
a) Radio systems
b) Celestial systems
d) Mapping navigation systems
5. Which of the following navigational systems is most stealthy?
a) Secondary surveillance radar
c) Celestial navigation
6. Any type of dead reckoning system is independent of radio waves.
7. Dead reckoning systems must be re-initialized as errors accumulate.
8. How is the velocity of an aircraft measured by passive radio systems?
a) Doppler shift
b) Velocity data is transmitted by the aircraft and received by the station
c) Secondary surveillance method
d) Satellite mapping