This set of Avionics Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Ground Stations”.
1. The satellite in the earth station must be steerable even for a geosynchronous satellite.
2. In Rf tuning, what is the first local oscillator?
a) Quartz oscillator
b) Frequency synthesizer
c) Magnetic oscillator
d) Electric oscillators
3. What is the use of the band pass filter in the receiver section?
a) Protects the receiver
b) Increases antenna gain
c) Reduces noise
d) To reduce it to an intermediate frequency
4. If the earth station downlink signal received is at fs = 4.08 GHz, what first stage local-oscillator frequency fLO is needed to achieve IF of 770 MHz?
a) 3310 MHz
b) 4080 MHz
c) 1203 MHz
d) 3250 MHz
5. Which part of the transmitter subsystem modulates the baseband signal?
b) Up converter
c) Power amplifiers
6. In RF tuning, _________ provides the final up conversion to the microwave frequency?
a) Fixed-frequency local oscillator
b) RF frequency synthesizer
c) Quartz oscillator
d) Magnetic oscillator
7. Which of the following amplifiers is used in the transmitter substation?
a) RF amplifiers
b) Buffer amplifiers
c) Klystron amplifier
d) Operational amplifiers
8. In digital systems, analog signals are first digitized with PCM converters before modulation.
9. When individual up converters are used to modulate a channel, what is used to combine them into final signal?
a) Microwave combiner