This set of Avionics Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Gain, Attenuation, Decibels”.
1. What is the gain of the signal if output and input voltages are 700V and 50mV respectively?
2. What is the output signal voltage for a gain of 20 and input voltage of 20mV?
3. What is the component in which the output voltage is higher than the input voltage?
4. The power output of an amplifier is 7 watts. The power gain is 80. What is the input power?
5. A two-stage amplifier has an input power of 30μW and an output power of 1.5mW. One stage has a gain of 3. What is the gain of the second stage?
6. What should be the gain of an amplifier to have no voltage loss or gain?
7. What is the total gain of amplifiers with a power gain of 6, 8, 5 when connected in series?
9. What should be the gain of an amplifier to have zero voltage loss if the signal is already attenuated half that of the original signal?
10. The unit decibel is a way of expressing the hearing response of the human ear.
11. When a decibel value is computed by comparing a power value to 1 mW it is called as?
12. What is the value of the total gain if A represent attenuation and G represent gain and all are cascaded?
13. What is the gain in decibels if the amplifier has an input of 3mV and output of 5V?