This set of Electronic Devices & Circuits Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Frequency Compensation”.
1. What are the consequences of diode compensation for the change in base-to-emitter voltage (VBE) due to temperature?
a) Temperature compensation takes place by variation in forward voltage (VF)
b) Collector current become sensitive to the change in base-to-emitter voltage (VBE)
d) Nothing happens
2. Generally, the resistance of thermistor decreases _______
a) Linearly with an increase in temperature
b) Linearly with the decrease in temperature
c) Exponentially with an increase in temperature
d) Exponentially with the decrease in temperature
3. If the ratio RB / RE tends to infinity, what should be the value of stability factor in voltage divider circuit?
c) 1 – βdc
d) 1 + βdc
4. Fidelity is nothing but an ability of amplifier to reproduce ________
a) Input signal without any distortion
b) Output signal without any distortion
c) Phase shift signal
d) Amplitude shift signal
5. Which among the below specified conditions is applicable to prevent the occurrence of thermal runaway in voltage divider bias circuit?
a) VCE < VCC / 2
b) VCE = VCC / 2
c) VCE > VCC / 2
d) None of the mentioned
6. What should be the level of input resistance to allow the occurrence of source loading in common base amplifier configuration?
7. Which among the following is an output provided by transresistance amplifier?
a) Output current proportional to signal voltage
b) Output voltage proportional to signal current
c) Output voltage proportional to input voltage
d) Output current proportional to signal current
8. Which of the following process plays a crucial role in devising the independency of operating point over the variations in temperature or transistor parameters?
a) Bias stabilization
b) Bias compensation
c) Bias stabilization & compensation
d) No process
9. The value of dBm in power measurement is predictable by assuming the reference, which is equal to ________
c) 1/10 mW
d) 1/100 mW
10. The cut-off frequency (fβ) is basically the frequency at which the short circuit __________
a) CB gain of transistor drops by 3 dB from its value at low frequency
b) CE gain of transistor drops by 3 dB from its value at low frequency
c) CC gain of transistor drops by 3 dB from its value at low frequency
d) CC gain of transistor drops by 3 dB from its value at high frequency
11. Which among the following will possess a higher bandwidth, if two transistors are provided with unity gain frequency?
a) Transistor with lower hfe
b) Transistor with higher hfe
c) Transistor with lower hre
d) Transistor with higher hre
12. What is an angle of phase shift for each designed RC network in the Phase Shift Oscillator circuit?