This set of Signals & Systems Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Fourier Series & Coefficients – 1″.
1. Which are the fourier coefficients in the following?
a) a0, an and bn
d) an and bn
2. Do exponential fourier series also have fourier coefficients to be evaluated.
3. What are fourier coefficients?
a) The terms that are present in a fourier series
b) The terms that are obtained through fourier series
c) The terms which consist of the fourier series along with their sine or cosine values
d) The terms which are of resemblance to fourier transform in a fourier series are called fourier series coefficients
4. The fourier series coefficients of the signal are carried from –T/2 to T/2.
5. What is a line spectrum?
a) Plot showing magnitudes of waveforms are called line spectrum
b) Plot showing each of harmonic amplitudes in the wave is called line spectrum
c) Plot showing each of harmonic amplitudes in the wave is called line spectrum
d) Plot showing each of harmonic amplitudes called line spectrum
6. What is the disadvantage of exponential Fourier series?
a) It is tough to calculate
b) It is not easily visualized
c) It cannot be easily visualized as sinusoids
d) It is hard for manipulation
7. What is the polar form of the fourier series?
a) x(t) = c0 + ∑cncos(nwt+ϕn)
b) x(t) = c0 + ∑cncos(ϕn)
c) x(t) = ∑cncos(nwt+ϕn)
d) x(t) = c0+ ∑cos(nwt+ϕn)
8. Fourier series is not true in case of discrete time signals.
9. Fourier series uses which domain representation of signals?
a) Time domain representation
b) Frequency domain representation
c) Both combined
d) Neither depends on the situation
10. How does Fourier series make it easier to represent periodic signals?
a) Harmonically related
b) Periodically related
c) Sinusoidally related
d) Exponentially related