This set of Mechatronics Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Flexible Manufacturing System”.
1. When did Jerome H. Lemelson set up his factory based on FMS (Flexible manufacturing system)?
a) Early 1950’s
b) Early 1940’s
c) Late 1940’s
d) Late 1960’s
2. What is done in make-to-order production?
a) Production is ordered by the owner
b) Regular production
c) Production stops due to less order
d) Production is done according to customer requirements
3. Who developed FMS (Flexible manufacturing system)?
a) Jerome H. Lemelson
b) Charles Wheatstone
c) Charles manes
d) Samuel Hunter Christie
4. Which is a false statement on FMS (Flexible manufacturing system)?
a) Accuracy in the final goods produced is high
b) The cost of production is less
c) Quality and quantity of produced goods can be changed easily
d) The cost of initial setup is less due to less labour cost
5. Anyone can operate FMS (Flexible manufacturing system).
6. Which is not a property of FMS (Flexible manufacturing system)?
a) High accuracy
b) Less production cost
c) Less initial cost
d) Flexibility in production
7. Flexible manufacturing system (FMS) lowers the company’s production cost.
8. What was the original design of Jerome H. Lemelson which he patented for FMS (Flexible manufacturing system)?
a) Robot based system
c) Motor based pulley
9. What happens to labour workforce when FMS (Flexible manufacturing system) concept is used?
c) Remains same
d) Gradually increases with time
10. Which work cannot be done by Jerome H. Lemelson’s first robot based system?
a) Manufacturing product
c) Inspecting the product
d) Convey the product
11. FMS (Flexible manufacturing system) is not suitable if production quantity is less.
12. Which development board uses energia IDE (Integrated development environment) for its programming?
a) MSP430G2ET Launchpad
b) Arduino UNO
c) Arduino nano
13. FMS (Flexible manufacturing system) consist of a single machine that controls everything.
14. Which does SMC stand for with respect to machine related manufacturing?
a) Single machine control
b) Singular machine control
c) Slot machine cell
d) Single machine cell
15. The expansion cost of FMS (Flexible manufacturing system) is less.