This set of Optical Communication Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Fiber Cutoff Wavelength Measurements”.
1. What does ‘a’ stands for in the given equation?
Mg=(πa/λ)2(n12 - n22)
a) Radius of the core
c) Coefficient of refraction
2. The _________ wavelength is defined as the wavelength greater than which the ratio of the total power and the fundamental mode power has to be decreased to less than 0.1dB.
3. A multimode fiber has many cutoff wavelengths.
4. How many methods are used to determine the effective cutoff wavelength?
5. The effective cutoff wavelength for a cabled single mode fiber will be generally smaller than that of the un-cabled fiber.
6. _______________ method does not require a leaky mode correction factor or equal mode excitation.
b) Power step method
c) Alternative test method
d) Refracted near-field method
7. What is the name of the test used to determine the efficient values of the effective cutoff wavelength?
a) Round robin test
b) Mandarin test
c) Hough Werner test
d) Fulton test
8. How many bend effects are produced in the fiber?
9. The _______ method is the most commonly used method for the determination of the fiber refractive index profile.
a) Refracted near-field method
c) Power step method
d) Alternative test method