This set of Digital Circuits Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Fast Adder & Serial Adder – 2″.
1. The hexadecimal number (4B)16 is transmitted as an 8-bit word in parallel. What is the time required for this transmission if the clock frequency is 2.25 MHz?
a) 444 ns
b) 444 s
c) 3.55 s
d) 3.55 ms
2. Internally, a computer’s binary data are always transmitted on parallel channels which is commonly referred to as the __________
a) Parallel bus
b) Serial bus
c) Data bus
d) Memory bus
3. A serial subtractor can be obtained by converting the serial adder by using the _____________
a) 1’s complement system
b) 2’s complement system
c) 10’s complement
d) 9’s complement
4. What is the frequency of a clock waveform if the period of that waveform is 1.25sec?
a) 8 kHz
b) 0.8 kHz
c) 0.8 MHz
d) 8 MHz
5. With surface-mount technology (SMT), the devices should __________
a) Utilize transistor outline connections
b) Mount directly
c) Have parallel connecting pins
d) Require holes and pads
6. What can a relay provide between the triggering source and the output that semiconductor switching devices cannot?
a) Total isolation
c) Higher current rating
d) Total isolation and higher current rating
7. Why is parallel data transmission preferred over serial data transmission for most applications?
a) It is much slower
b) It is cheaper
c) More people use it
d) It is much faster
8. In most applications, transistor switches used in place of relays?
a) They consume less power
b) They are faster
c) They are quieter and smaller
d) All of the Mentioned
9. The serial format for transmitting binary information uses __________
a) A single conductor
b) Multiple conductors
c) Infrared technology
10. Serial communication can be sped up by __________
a) Using silver or gold conductors instead of copper
b) Using high-speed clock signals
c) Adjusting the duty cycle of the binary information
d) Using silver or gold conductors instead of copper and high-speed clock signals