This set of Electrical Measurements Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Errors in Single Phase Energy Meters”.
1. Phase angles in an energy meter cannot be incorrect.
2. Energy meter creeps __________
a) due to change in supply
b) due to reversal in polarity of voltage
c) due to asymmetry in magnetic circuit
d) due to turns ratio of transformer
3. Magnitude of flux in an energy meter varies __________
a) due to abnormal currents and voltages
b) due to high resistance and inductance values
c) due to changes in the transformer turns
d) due to the induced e.m.f in the windings
5. How can temperature effect be compensated in an energy meter?
a) through heat sinks
b) by a temperature shunt
c) by using resistance
d) by using a coolant
6. Creeping is avoided by __________
a) reversing the polarity of the voltage
b) drilling two diametrically opposite holes
c) holding the disc
d) increasing the friction
7. How is the flux of shunt coil related to voltage?
a) flux is proportional to square of voltage
b) directly proportional
c) inversely proportional
d) independent of each other
8. Disc rotates slowly in some energy meters.
9. In some energy meters, creeping can be avoided by __________
a) attaching small gold pieces
b) attaching small aluminium pieces
c) attaching small iron pieces
d) attaching small zinc pieces