This set of Mechatronics Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Engine Management System”.
1. What does ECU stand for?
a) Engine control unit
b) Electronic control unit
c) Engine communication unit
d) Electronic circuitry unit
2. The fuel supply of the engine in the engine management system is controlled by ____
b) Fuel injection system
c) Mechanical means
d) Pneumatic means
3. What is the full form of EMS?
a) Electronic management system
b) Engine management system
c) Engine management source
d) Electrical management system
4. The engine management system consists of various electronics and electrical parts.
5. What does a PCB in an engine management system consists of?
6. The data inputs are sent to the ECU by the means of ____
a) electrical signals
7. The function of the engine control unit is ____
a) to collect, process, analyse and execute the data
b) to control injection timing
c) to control idle speed
d) to update program
8. An Engine control system consists of a computer.
9. Which kind of effect is seen in thermocouples?
a) Ferranti effect
b) Corona effect
c) See beck effect
d) Heating effect
10. Which of the following is not a part of the engine control unit?
a) Engine temperature sensor
b) Electronic counting system
c) Ignition circuits
d) Cam position sensors