This set of Avionics Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Electromagnetic Spectrum”.
1. The range of electromagnetic signals encompassing all frequencies is referred to as?
a) EM waves
b) EM frequency
c) EM spectrum
d) EM radiation
2. The distance that the wave travels in one cycle is called as?
c) Cycle length
d) Cycle amplitude
3. Cps is the unit of what?
4. What is the wavelength of a signal with a frequency of 150Mhz?
5. A signal travels a distance of 75 ft in the time it takes to complete 1 cycle. What is its frequency?
1 m 5 3.28 ft
d) Cannot be determined
6. SHF Em waves are used in?
a) Ground to ground communication
b) Satellite communication
c) Aircraft to ATC communication
d) Underwater communication
7. What is the frequency of the EM wave with a wavelength of 12cm?
c) 250 Mhz
8. The maximum peaks of an electromagnetic wave are separated by a distance of 8 in. What is the frequency?
9. Which one of the following is not a source of infrared radiation?
a) Human bodies
b) Light bulbs
10. The portion of the electromagnetic spectrum occupied by a signal is called ________
a) Signal spectrum
c) Frequency width
d) Signal strength
11. What is the upper frequency of a signal with a bandwidth of 6Mhz, if the lower frequency limit is 54Mhz?
12. Which one of the following is not a reason for not using X-rays in communication?
a) Highly attenuated
b) High power is required
c) Stopped by ionizing effects
d) Ionizing radiation
13. What is the bandwidth of a signal having 928Mhz and 902Mhz as its upper and lower frequencies?
14. Higher frequencies can have more channels for a particular bandwidth.
15. Which organization regulates international EM spectrum division?