This set of Analog Communication Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Demodulation of SSB with Large Carrier”.
1. To prevent over modulation in radio transmitters we use ___________
a) peak clipper
c) double oscillator
2. IN EM waves, polarization ___________
a) is always vertical
b) is caused by reflection
c) is due to transverse nature of waves
d) is due to longitudinal nature of waves
3. What is the main disadvantage of FM over AM?
a) high modulating power is needed
b) noise is very high for high frequencies
c) high output power is required
d) large bandwidth is required
4. In FM receiver, role of amplitude limiter is to amplify low frequency signals.
5. Base modulation is preferred over collector modulation of a class C transistor because of its better efficiency.
6. What is the standard IF frequency for AM receivers?
a) 100 KHz
b) 455 KHz
c) 1.07 MHz
d) 10.7 MHz
7. In a FM receiver, amplitude limiter ________
a) eliminates any change in amplitude of received FM signals
b) eliminates any change in frequency of received FM signals
c) reduce the amplitude of received signals
d) amplifies low frequency signals
8. Base modulation is preferred over collector modulation of a class C transistor because it has high power output per transistor.
9. Balanced modulator is used to produce balanced modulation of a carrier wave.