This set of Avionics Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Data Conversion – 2″.
1. What causes a new signal with frequency fs-fm to be created near the original signal?
2. What type of filter is an antialiasing filter?
a) Band pass
b) High pass
c) Low pass
d) Band stop
3. Sampling an analog signal produces pulse amplitude modulation.
4. Which of the following is not used in antialiasing filters?
a) Single stage RC or LC circuits
b) Multistage LC circuits
c) RC active filter
d) High order switched capacitor filter circuits
5. Which of the following is not a disadvantage of oversampling?
a) High cost
b) More storage space
c) Less accuracy
d) High power consumption
6. What is the process gain of a signal with bandwidth 20MHz and a sampling frequency of 100MHz?
7. What is sampling at a rate higher than the Nyquist frequency called?
8. What is processing gain?
a) Gain added by the ADC
b) Improvement in SNR
c) Amplitude increment by ADC
d) Reduction in error by the ADC circuitry
9. Which of the following is true with respect to undersampling?
a) High power
b) Greater than Nyquist frequency
c) Use low pass filters
d) Less memory size
10. Which circuit is used to produce the IF for better selection and filtering?
c) RC circuit
d) Gating circuit
11. According to the sampling theorem, what is the minimum sampling frequency to retain all the information if the bandwidth of the signal is 20MHz?